Public Protection Manager
Our client in the North West of England is looking for a Public Protection Manager to be responsible and accountable for the leadership and general management of the public protection group.
· To actively manage the public protection group so as to ensure the delivery of services to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our communities and service users including those areas of food safety, health & safety, environmental protection, private water supplies, land drainage and flood defense, core public health and licensing functions of the authority and to deliver the strategic priorities, service needs and intended outcomes of the Corporate Plan.
· To develop and implement the councils strategy and strategic approach to promote and protect the public health and wellbeing of residents and visitors through advice, education, regulation and effective partnering arrangements.
· Experience of financial planning, management and control of regulatory services
· Experience of regulatory document management systems and performance monitoring software.
· Experience of compiling legal files for legal proceedings and appearing in court, inquests, committee meetings and tribunals and presenting detailed and complex information
Education & Knowledge
· Educated to advanced degree level and qualified and registered Environmental Health
· Manager with corporate voting membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
· Diploma in Management Studies or evidence of substantial management training
· Demonstrable experience based on current work-based competency
Please note a full Driver’s License is required for this role.
To register your interest please reply into this email or call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.