Planning Enforcement Officer
Our client in Essex is recruiting for a Planning Enforcement Officer to provide support to the Appeals and Enforcement team in the delivery of a high quality development control service in the area of enforcement of planning control.
PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of this role is to ensure that alleged breaches of planning control are investigated and the appropriate enforcement of planning control is undertaken.
The key responsibilities are:
- To promote and implement the Council’s planning policies and objectives as set out in the department’s Enforcement Policy and elsewhere.
- To investigate alleged breaches of all aspects of planning control within agreed targets.
- To carry out site inspections relating to approved details and conditions attached to planning permissions to ensure compliance.
- To personally serve notices and orders where these cannot be served by other means.
- To work unsocial hours on occasions, (early morning, evening and weekends), in order to obtain evidence in connection with enforcement investigations.
- To assess breaches of planning control in the light of national and Council planning policies.
- To write concise and accurate reports on alleged breaches of planning control and on planning applications for consideration by senior officers and/or Planning Committee.
- When appropriate, to negotiate changes to developments, the subject of investigation.
- To decide whether developments, works or uses are lawful or require the submission of an application.
- To assess development proposals and advertisements in the light of national and the Council’s planning policies.
- To advise members of the public, applicants and other professionals on matters relating to planning enforcement enquiries and complaints.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATION, TRAINING OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of writing concise and accurate reports on planning applications and enforcement matters and recommendations for consideration by senior officers and/or Committee.
- Experience of negotiating appropriate changes to unauthorised development and/or application proposals.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of planning legislation and law relating to development control and the ability to apply that knowledge to determine whether or not proposals require the submission of applications for permission or consent.
- Qualify for student membership of Royal Town Planning Institute/ Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Planning and Development) or a planning degree/diploma granting exemption from professional exams of RTPI/RICS (Planning and Development) or a pass in the final examinations of one of these bodies
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5453 or email email@example.com
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.
Apply for Planning Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly