Disabled Adaptations Surveyor (DBS Required)
We have an exciting opportunity in Berkshire for a Disabled Adaptations Surveyor (DBS Required) to assist in the delivery of Disabled Facilities both through grant assistance and within Berkshire housing stock on behalf of the Council. To offer specialist Technical advice providing bespoke adaptations to include design that improves the health and wellbeing of residents and enables them to live independently for longer in their homes. To project manage individual adaptations and building works to homes across the district.
- To carry out diagnostic inspections and surveys for complex works programmes and prepare specifications and tender documentation in accordance with the Council’s procurement rules and legislation. Working with specialist consultants in developing bespoke solutions.
- To undertake general surveys of dwellings and to provide reports and/or statistical information relating to the condition of such premises.
- To assist in the delivery of the Disable Facilities Grants programme. To prepare design drawings and schedules of work for disabled adaptions.
- Working with others, provide grants to residents in the district to improve their health and wellbeing and enable them to live independently for longer in their homes.
- To work within the disabled adaption team dealing with case allocated.
- To comply with legislation, and provide a service that is reactive to changing needs and is managed without dispute, delays or excessive cost increases.
- Compliant tender evaluation with reduced risk of legal challenge; selection of the most economically advantageous tender. Liaise with builders, contractors, clients and Occupational Therapists (OT’s) to ensure a satisfactory standard of work and prepare payments.
- Building ONC/HNC/BSc, ideally chartered surveyor or equivalent, CIOB/RICS.
- Must have extensive experience of DFG and other adaptation work for disabled persons.
- Sound knowledge of DFG process and legislation, experience of similar work within council owned housing stock
- A good knowledge of contract tendering and management.
- Experience of working in housing grants, including grants to landlords, disabled facilities to include producing designs and project management
- A thorough understanding of Building Regulations, CDM, Asbestos Regulations and other regulations and statue specific to DFG projects
- Good knowledge and experience of using AutoCAD or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Excellent communication skills, Ability to research and provide clear information to support decisions that have an impact on the general health and well-being of the public
- Sound knowledge of project management and dealing directly on site with local contractors
- A good knowledge of building techniques used in domestic buildings, both traditional and non-traditional, including timber frames and PRC construction.
- A good understanding of complex contractual issues as they relate to repairs & maintenance operations.
For further information including the job description, person specification please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.
Apply for Disabled Adaptations Surveyor (DBS Required)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly