Senior Environmental Services Officer
Our client is North London is actively seeking a Senior Environmental Services Officer to lead on contract management across the service including liaising with the Environmental Management team to ensure effective service delivery from external suppliers.
- To provide strategic contract management and service development functions, working
collaboratively with key suppliers and partners to deliver improvements in service quality,
efficiency and value for money across all key areas of waste management, recycling,
cleansing and grounds maintenance.
- To initiate and project manage service improvement projects, including research into
policy change, best practice, innovation and benchmarking across a range of service
areas including waste, recycling, cleansing, grounds maintenance and public realm
enforcement. To provide service lead on ICT improvement projects.
- In response to changes in national and regional policy, strategy and legislation carry out
research and analysis on the impacts to the authority and prepare reports and
recommendations on options and outcomes that may lead to service development or
- Develop effective communications and engagement approaches to assist with promoting
frontline services, to raise awareness of low waste, low carbon behaviour change,
increase participation with recycling and waste minimisation and promote community
involvement in improving standards of environmental quality. To be responsible for liaising
with web development team to ensure that information on current service offer is up to date.
- To undertake the management and implementation of waste minimisation, recycling,
cleansing, grounds maintenance, enforcement and other multi-disciplinary projects
including the effective management of budget and staff resources.
- To lead on development and implementation of effective enforcement and engagement
approaches across all Environment teams, including production of operating procedures,
training plans and co-ordinated action to target problem areas.
- Supply the Environmental Services Manager with appropriate information, analysis and advice in preparing for the variation, extension and re-let of new contracts. Participate in the critical examination of supplier tender submissions.
- Understanding of the principal responsibilities and key issues in the delivering Environmental Services with detailed knowledge in one or more of the following areas: waste management, recycling, cleansing or grounds maintenance.
- EU and National policy, legislation, best practice and innovation in one or more of the following: waste, recycling, cleansing, grounds maintenance and enforcing local environmental quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express and present
complex information accurately, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and implement evidenced-based strategies, policies and projects to effect positive change.
- Ability to provide in-depth policy analysis and advice.
- Awareness of the political environment
- Ability to analyse data and use a wide range of IT systems
To register your interest or for further information please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.
Apply for Senior Environmental Services Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly