Events Enforcement Officer
Our client in East London is currently looking for a Events Enforcement Officer to join their team.
Overall Purpose of the Job
To take part in the delivery and leadership of a multidisciplinary, partnership team and to lead in the areas of public safety, statutory compliance and good practice as it relates to supporting the regulatory activities on or around the legacy activities of the 2012 Games and other regeneration project in the borough.
To assist with the business planning process and the delivery of key enforcement and safety outputs and lead on policy areas as directed.
To improve the quality, safety and standards of public safety and of occupational health and safety for events associated with the Games legacy and borough regeneration through the use of a range of intervention strategies, including licensing, formal working protocols, enforcement, education, advice, and informal action.
- Excellent knowledge of occupational health and safety within the local government framework including the enforcement and regulatory functions and the application of all relevant legal and practical principles.
- Knowledge of the main functions of a local authority regulatory and enforcement functions and the wider determinants of public safety within the context of enforcement and safety.
- To have a clear understanding of, the Council’s strategic role in both occupational health and safety and of public safety and the activities needed to meet regulatory and corporate objectives.
- A full understanding of the application of the techniques of risk assessment in the area of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledge of developments in the field of occupational health and safety and of the sociological, demographic and geographical demands and constraints of inner city Boroughs.
- Good understanding of construction and safety technology, surveying and inspection techniques and control systems.
- An understanding of the Council’s Vision and corporate aims for the service.
- Excellent knowledge of licensing and other prior consent law in relation to public safety and occupational health and safety.
- Good understanding of the need for confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with information around the Games legacy and other events.
- To hold an appropriate approved academic qualification - an MSc or BSc (Hons) in Environmental Health or equivalent degree/vocational qualification in a public safety /occupational safety related field that will be sufficient to meet the criteria for the appointment of Inspectors under the provisions S19 of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act.
- Evidence of continuing professional /managerial development.
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8732 5450.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.
Apply for Events Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly