Environmental Health Officer (Environmental Protection)
4 days left
- Full Time
Our client in Kent is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer to undertake environmental protection and public health duties to start asap for up to 6 months.
- Ensure that the Council’s duties in respect of requests for service relating to noise, atmospheric pollution and contaminated land are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Assist in carrying out the Council’s Environmental Protection duties including (but not exclusively) noise, air pollution, contaminated land, integrated pollution and prevention control (IPPC), and air quality.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Pollution Control section of Environmental Health, along with the provision of guidance and advice when required.
- Ensure that any strategies are implemented and reviewed, together with any monitoring programme.
- Ensure the investigation of noise and atmospheric pollution complaints together with appropriate action.
- Assist in the Environmental Health Service’s responses to planning applications, contaminated land consultations and landfill gas issues.
- Prepare reports, monitor performance indicators and produce bench marking statistics as and when required.
Education & Training/ Qualifications
- A degree (MSc or BSc) in Environmental Health together with Certificate of Registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board EHORB (or equivalent qualification or extensive experience).
- Institute of Acoustics - Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control or Certificate of Competence in Environmental Noise Measurement.
- Completion of continued professional development (CPD) related to Environmental protection in order to maintain skills.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (MCIEH or MCIEH CEnvH) or undertaking to complete membership prior to appointment (including meeting the necessary CIEH requirements).
- Relevant post graduate qualifications within the field of Environmental Protection such as environmental permitting contaminated land, pest management, air quality or similar.
- Recent experience working within an Environmental Protection Team at senior level.
- Experience of carrying out a significant caseload of investigations and inspections specifically related to Environmental Protection, Planning Consultations Contaminated Land, Permitted Processes, Air Quality and Noise Management.
- Valid UK driving licence and vehicle suitably insured for business use.
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.
Apply for Environmental Health Officer (Environmental Protection)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly