Environmental Health Officer (Environmental Protection)
Our client in Kent is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer to undertake environmental protection and public health duties to start asap for up to 6 months.
- Ensure that the Council’s duties in respect of requests for service relating to noise, atmospheric pollution and contaminated land are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Assist in carrying out the Council’s Environmental Protection duties including (but not exclusively) noise, air pollution, contaminated land, integrated pollution and prevention control (IPPC), and air quality.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Pollution Control section of Environmental Health, along with the provision of guidance and advice when required.
- Ensure that any strategies are implemented and reviewed, together with any monitoring programme.
- Ensure the investigation of noise and atmospheric pollution complaints together with appropriate action.
- Assist in the Environmental Health Service’s responses to planning applications, contaminated land consultations and landfill gas issues.
- Prepare reports, monitor performance indicators and produce bench marking statistics as and when required.
Education & Training/ Qualifications
- A degree (MSc or BSc) in Environmental Health together with Certificate of Registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board EHORB (or equivalent qualification or extensive experience).
- Institute of Acoustics - Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control or Certificate of Competence in Environmental Noise Measurement.
- Completion of continued professional development (CPD) related to Environmental protection in order to maintain skills.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (MCIEH or MCIEH CEnvH) or undertaking to complete membership prior to appointment (including meeting the necessary CIEH requirements).
- Relevant post graduate qualifications within the field of Environmental Protection such as environmental permitting contaminated land, pest management, air quality or similar.
- Recent experience working within an Environmental Protection Team at senior level.
- Experience of carrying out a significant caseload of investigations and inspections specifically related to Environmental Protection, Planning Consultations Contaminated Land, Permitted Processes, Air Quality and Noise Management.
- Valid UK driving licence and vehicle suitably insured for business use.
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.