Environmental Health Officer (Environmental Protection)
Our client in East London is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer to work within their Pollution Team to start asap initially for 4 months (most likely extendable thereafter).
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. Provide high quality specialised Environmental Health services and advise on the full range of issues which meet the needs of our clients multi-racial community including managing projects and assisting in policy development as required.
2. Act as Lead Officer on allocated projects and carry a case load ensuring all work is undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements, the Council’s policies and procedures to the highest professional practice and to the benefit of the residents of the Borough.
3. Provide specialist technical advice on all issues relating to the work of the Pollution Section and be responsible for ensuring that such advice is given in accordance with the best professional standards, where appropriate assuming and exercising delegated statutory authority.
4. Ensure compliance with current legislation making decisions on applications or dealing with issues as they arise, or within prescribed timescales, and using enforcement and other legal measures as necessary.
5. Promote the work and services of the Directorate and Pollution Section liaising with other services within the Council, external bodies and statutory authorities including the provision of information, advice, guidance and assistance to residents of the Borough, elected members and businesses.
6. As an authorised Environmental Health Officer provide professional / technical advice whilst undertaking Environmental Health enforcement and inspection duties.
• Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health
• Certificate of Registration with the EHORB
• Experience in environmental health enforcement, service of statutory notices, preparation of legal proceedings, appearing in court as a witness
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org