Environmental Health Officer / Private Sector Housing Officer
Our client in South London is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer / Private Sector Housing Officer.
Assist in implementation of Housing Renewal Policy and related policies/strategies, advice to private sector tenants, landlords, & owner-occupiers about housing disrepair & energy issues.
Receive & process applications for housing grants and loans from private tenants, landlords & owners-occupiers.
Monitoring of private sector housing conditions, including assisting with enforcement action.
Registration & monitoring of Houses in Multiple Occupation in accordance with legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspections of private sector properties, responding to tenant complaints, drawing up schedules of condition & disrepair.
- Assessing properties in accordance with Housing Health and Safety Rating System/Decent Homes Standard.
- Preparation of enforcement notices.
- Identifying empty properties and working with team to bring these back into use.
- Develop processes/procedures, including flow charts, for how to deal with empty properties.
- Act as technical lead for contractors carrying out housing repair functions, including pricing schedules of work & checking others’ pricing.
- Assist with monitoring and delivery of such contracts.
- Identify HMOs, register HMOs and prepare licences where required, inspecting and advising tenants, landlords and others.
- Advise customers on private sector renewal issues, including home energy efficiency and liaise with colleagues and outside agencies to ensure the customer receives a full range of advice on services available.
- Process grants and loans in a timely fashion & in accordance with financial regulations.
- Production of information to managers to support and inform production and implementation of Empty Homes, Home Energy Conservation and other Housing Renewal Strategies.
Education and Experience:
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or equivalent including Maths & English.
- Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
- Experience in Housing with either a Local Authority or RSL or relevant voluntary or private sector housing organisation
- Private Sector Decent Homes Standard
- Housing Renewal and practical enforcement knowledge
- Grant and loan schemes relating to Disabled Facilities, Home Repair, Empty Homes and Home Energy conservation
- Working knowledge of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.