Our client in Hertfordshire is recruiting for a Licensing Officer to be responsible for day to day operation of either, Hackney Carriage and Private Hire licensing or Alcohol, Regulated Entertainment and Gambling licensing.
- Licensing of premises, persons and vehicles as authorised in accordance with departmental policy and procedure.
- Administration and enforcement of licensing legislation in accordance with published policies and procedures relevant to licences, permits, registrations or consents issued on behalf of the Council.
- To undertake enforcement activity including proactive and reactive inspections to ensure compliance with the conditions associated with Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing or Alcohol, Regulated Entertainment and Gambling licensing, which may involve some out-of hours working.
- Ensure that vehicles/ premises comply with licensing conditions by arranging appropriate vehicle tests/ carrying out risk assessments, which include ongoing random inspections.
- Deal with general enquiries and investigate complaints relating to the licensing service and take the necessary informal or formal action in line with the Council’s enforcement policy
- Experience of gathering evidence, interviewing individuals under caution and presenting the Council’s case and evidence in court.
- Experience of collating information and presenting concise reports and recommendations
- Experience of working effectively with the Police, members of the public, businesses or other service providers.
- Specific experience of taxi licensing or regulated entertainment.
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.