Interim Enforcement and Business Regulation Manager
Are you Looking for your next Interim Management assignment? Look no further because i have the perfect role for you.
My Local Authority client based in London are currently looking to recruit an Interim Enforcement and Business Regulation Manager on a Rolling Contract.
- As the Enforcement and Business Regulation Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that every aspect of the enforcement and regulation area of the service and associated operations are well developed, focused, collaborative, and deliver efficiently and effectively.
- You are required to ensure the successful delivery of the business objectives of your designated teams and oversee and support the activities of a wide number of officers across the service and the council to achieve the Mayors priorities and Council’s corporate objectives.
- You will be responsible for the management of the Council’s Generic Enforcement Team and business regulation teams, undertaking a wide range of enforcement including environmental, waste, ASB, advertising, premises licensing, noise etc., Community Safety and more complex case management related to the on street activities, Environmental Health, Trading Standards, Proceeds of crime enforcement, Licensing regulation, Bereavement Services.
- The remit of the frontline enforcement and regulation service is broad and very high profile. You will be required to lead the provision of seamless services across the public realm and this will be intelligence led and customer focused.
SERVICE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
Delivery of priorities set by the Council and the statutory obligations associated to the functional areas. Be able to evidence, through measurable outcomes, the improvements for residents and visitors in the Borough.
To ensure leadership, development and operation of the service through effective cross-divisional and corporate working and contribution to the strategic delivery of the division and the corporate activities of the Borough.
Demonstrate through evidence an increase confidence in Hackney’s communities that unwelcome and non-compliant behaviours and practice are being tackled effectively.
Formal deputy for the Head of Community Safety, Enforcement and Business Regulation, which carries a £7m budget.
Fully support the delivery of the partnership tasking meeting which is multi-agency drive operational response to crime and ASB and deliver solutions to issues and problems.
- Manage Fast-time response to incidents in a dynamic environment.
- Be the Single Point of contact and lead for the coordination of operations in the Borough ensuring the appropriate briefing of senior officers etc.
- Co-ordinate the setting of outcome-based delivery plans and associated performance measures.
- Development of outcome based action plans, fast time, to deliver improvements in the response to crime and anti-social behaviour in the Borough, and work closely with colleagues such as the Community Safety Partnership manager to achieve improvements in the confidence of communities in the Police and Council’s response to crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Effective performance management of staff and of service delivery to achieve the Council and partnership’s priority aims.
- provide briefings for elected Members and senior level Council officers etc.
- Provide briefings for the media team as and when required and contribute to the development of the communication suite of the service including behaviour change initiatives and compliance building campaigns.
- Set professional standards for all staff establishing clear lines of responsibility and accountability, and establish flexibility of staff resources to respond to changes in financial situation and staffing levels.
- Develop innovative ways of responding to crime, anti-social behaviour and service issues and ways of brigading teams and resources to meet priorities including the out-of-hours noise service but within tight financial constraints. Respond to tight deadlines, conflicting priorities and fast-changing circumstances.
- Risk management of activities and cases.
- Responsible for all associated budgets and financial monitoring.
- Develop and maintain effective and trusted working relationships with strategic and operational colleagues within the Council and in partner organisations.
- Provide expert professional advice on delivery of the service.
- Delivery of strategic priorities for the Council and the Borough’s Community Safety Partnership.
- To actively contribute to the physical, economic and social regeneration of the Borough and the wider sub-region ensuring buildings and their uses are managed in a safe and healthy manner and in accordance with policy objectives as set out locally by Government and regional agencies.
- Taking responsibility for key divisional projects and initiatives which promote excellence in sustainability, quality and value for money.
If you are interested in this role or would like further information please email email@example.com or call Bradley Wood 02036800630
More searches like this
- Environmental Protection Technical / Scientific jobs in London (Greater)
- Food Safety Technical / Scientific jobs in London (Greater)
- General Environmental Health Technical / Scientific jobs in London (Greater)
- Health and Safety Technical / Scientific jobs in London (Greater)
- Housing Technical / Scientific jobs in London (Greater)