Environmental Health Officer /(Environmental Protection)Technical Officer
Our client in Hampshire is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer (Environmental Protection) to start asap.
Technical and Personal requirements
- Regulation of environmental protection legislation by the undertaking of investigations as a result of enquiries, service requests or complaints.
- Determining and taking necessary action to ensure compliance with appropriate legislation through advice and education in consultation with the Principal Environmental Health Officer.
- Preparation of information or evidence for the service of statutory notices and instigation of legal proceedings in consultation with the Principal Environmental Health Officer (Environmental Protection).
- If any legal proceedings are instituted as a result of the Contractor carrying out duties on behalf of our client the Contractor will provide evidence in Court.
- To provide the appropriate technical advice to other Council Services including the response to planning applications and licensing consultations.
- To adhere to our clients policies and procedures for environmental protection regulation
- The contract period will be until the end of April 2017 in the first instance with the strong possibility of an extended period subject to circumstances and performance.
- The contracted hours per week are flexible – maximum 37 hours to a minimum of 22.5 hours per week.
There is some opportunity for remote working.
- BSc in Environmental Health (or equivalent).
- Specialist qualification in Environmental Protection e.g. IOA Diploma in Acoustics SPECIAL APTITUDES
- Local Authority experience.
- Good current working knowledge of noise, nuisance and planning consultation work
- Knowledge of environmental health law and practice and relationship to planning law.
- Ability to fulfil travel requirements of the role (Full driving licence and own car for work purposes).
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com.
Due to high volume of applicants if we do not contact you know your CV was not considered