Trading Standards Officer
Our client in East London is recruiting for a Trading Standards Officer to be responsible for duties across the Trading Standards agenda in order to regulate the trading environment relevant to delivering a comprehensive Trading Standards Service.
Role Specific Responsibilities
• To take a lead role in relation to one or more of the Trading Standards statutes enforced by the service and provide support and advice to non specialist officers as required.
• To assess goods and services to ensure compliance with relevant law. This may include out of hours work.
• Have an excellent knowledge of the range of legislation enforced by Trading Standards
• Conduct sound regulatory and enforcement practice to professional standards and as authorised by the Trading Standards and Licensing Manager
• To lead on and manage more complex and contentious cases as required
• Contribute to and lead when required special projects and investigations as directed by the Trading Standards and Licensing Manager
• Undertake inspections and searches of relevant premises either by prior arrangement or unannounced as required including weights and measures inspections. This may include out of hours work
• To be prepared to respond to any emergency situation relating to the Service's work if required
• Respond to and investigate reports and complaints received under relevant criminal and civil law
• Provide advice, information and assistance to businesses to help them comply with criminal and civil law
• To attend and contribute to meetings, lectures, seminars and other training and development courses and to mentor, encourage and support the development of new or junior staff
• Disseminate best practice as required
• When required support other officers across the Directorate, for example Licensing or Environmental Health Officers
- Diploma in Trading Standards or equivalent
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Full clean current driving licence. Access to a vehicle is required for which a relevant vehicle allowance will be paid
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.