Our client in Surrey is recruiting for a Officer on a part time basis.
Overall Purpose of Job
- To assist in the administration and promote compliance of duties in respect of various licensing services, including those provisions under the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Private Hire & Hackney Carriage legislation, Scrap Metal Dealers etc.
- To assist the Licensing Team Leader in providing efficient Licensing administration and compliance provisions in respect of the various areas of licensing, including:
- the Licensing Act
- the Gambling Act
- Private Hire/Hackney Carriage licensing
- Motor Salvage and Scrap Metal Registration
- House to House and Street Collections etc
Key Roles, Tasks and Responsibilities
- To assist in the processing, determination, issue, maintenance and compliance of applications and licences issued under the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Private Hire/Hackney
Carriage legislation and other forms of licenses and registrations issued by the Council.
- To deal with day to day enquiries received by the Licensing Authority.
- To provide advice and guidance to ensure compliance with appropriate legislation and application procedures.
- To assist the Licensing Team Leader in the preparation and presentation of reports to relevant
- To assist the Licensing Team Leader in ensuring that the Licensing Authorities policies, procedures, leaflets and other documentation are updated as required.
- To maintain a specialist knowledge of Licensing legislation.
- To co-operate and liaise with partnership agencies, local authorities and responsible authorities on licensing and compliance matters.
- To assist in ensuring that the divisional website is updated as required.
- To maintain computerised and manual licensing systems to ensure continued effectiveness in relation to systems thinking principles.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.